Categorized | Hot News
Posted by Maria Ulfah
One of the world's most popular websites, the free online tools encyclopaedia Wikipedia, has gone offline in the past few minutes, with no information as to the reason why. Today many people were surprised to find out that the popular site Wikipedia was down! That’s right, whenever someone tried to access the site they got the following message: “Sorry! This site is experiencing technical difficulties.”
The site remained down for approximately an hour. Previously, the iTunes Store and Youtube got hacked, affecting millions of people who tried to access the sites. It seems the hackers wanted to make this Independence Day a special date for them! But this was not the case of Wikipedia who recently updated everyone through their Twitter account: “Thanks for being patient, everyone. We’ve figured out the problem: power outage in our Florida data center. Slowly coming back online!”
* "Wikipedia's down. I feel odd, as if I just lost 99.999 per cent of the information from my fingertips for a few minutes"
* "Strange - Wikipedia appears to be down. Never known this before. That's like Google being down!"
* New alert: Wikipedia is down. Uni students everywhere requesting extensions on essays.
* oh em gee, wikipedia is down. how am I to refresh my store of useless trivia now?
* You never realize how much you take Wikipedia for granted until it's down.