Categorized | ,

Valentino Rossi: I Played it Safe

Under normal circumstances, finishing less than a second from victory - but only in third place - would have been a disappointing outcome for MotoGP world champion Valentino Rossi.

But having been nursing a motocross shoulder injury, and unable to dial-in his factory Yamaha to the Jerez circuit, the Italian was content with his 16 points from Sunday;s Spanish Grand Prix.

Rossi held second behind Dani Pedrosa for much of the race, before losing out to his team-mate and eventual race winner Jorge Lorenzo with six laps to go.

"This just wasn't our race this year,” he said. “We have struggled all weekend, first with my shoulder and then with the bike, and in the race today I couldn't do any more than third. I got a great start and was fast with the new tyre, I tried to go with Dani but then I started to slide a lot and I just had to play it safe.

“I made no mistakes and I'm happy about my race in the circumstances, these 16 points are very important. At the end I had a front-row seat to the Spanish party and I admit I was sorry not to be involved, Jorge did a great job today and I think it was very exciting for all the fans.

“I want to say thank you to Dr. Costa and all the staff at the Clinica Mobile, plus everyone back in Italy who has worked on my shoulder to allow me to be able to race this weekend. I will hopefully be back to full strength in Le Mans so I'm looking forward to that."

Rossi, who won at round one in Qatar, is now second in the championship, four points from Lorenzo.



0 Responses to “Valentino Rossi: I Played it Safe”

Post a Comment

Gazette Edition

Labels

Acer Predator Alfamart Alfamart Minimarket Amazing Spider-Man American Idol Android Angry Birds Anti Spam Apple Apple iCloud Apple iPhone Atlantis Bahama Reviews Audio Forensics Bali Tour Berita Ciamis Beyonce Blackberry Blogger Blogger Templates Boy Toys Call of Duty Camera Career Celebrity News Chi Magazine Christmas Christmas Eve Christmas Gift Ciamis Computer Data Recovery Dating Desktop Computer Direct Download Drupal Templates Earthquake Elevenia end of the world end of the world 2011 end of the world may 21 Facebook Forbes Formula 1 Fortuner SUV Terbaik Friendster Gadget Gaming Gifts Google Gossip Green Lantern Hack Halloween Hangover 2 Hangover 2 Trailer Hangover Symptoms harold camping Healthy Life Home Remedies Honeymoon Hot News How to Play Guitar HTC Trophy iCloud Info Insurance Internet iPad iPad 2 iPhone iPhone 4S iPod Jasa Pembuatan Toko Online Jasa Pembuatan Website Jauh Mimpiku Jessica Simpson Jewelry Job Vacancies in Singapore Johnny Depp Judgment Day Justin Bieber Kate Middleton Kate Middleton Bikini Kim Kardashian Kung Fu Panda 2 Lego Leisure LG Revolution VS910 Lifestyle Loans Lowongan Kerja Terbaru Mac OS X Lion Macbook Pro 2011 Marco Simoncelli may 21 2011 Men in Black 3 Mesothelioma Mesothelioma Lawyer Meteor Hits Russia Meteor Russia Minimarket Mobile Stuff Mobilephone Modern Warfare 3 MotoGP Movies Music Nadya Suleman Newport Beach News Notebook Octomom Opera Mini Optimus Prime OS X Lion Personal Loans Pink Eye Pirates of the Caribbean 4 President Obama Quotes Recovery Service Refinancing Review Sega Selena Gomez SEO Tools Smartphones Soccer Software Spider-Man Sports Stuff Swimmers Ear Home Remedy Symbian Tablet Technology The Dark Knight Rises Tips and Tricks Toko Online Tom Hardy Tools Toy For Christmas Trailer Transformers Traveling Twilight Zone Twitter Valentine Weather Web Design Melbourne Web Hosting Weight Loss Will Smith. Josh Brolin Wordpress Templates World News YouTube
Copyright 2011 Today Infolicious Inc. - Songs.pk