Categorized | Info
Research, plan and go in fully prepared.
- Fully review and understand your job description
- Research for comparable salaries for similar job description and job title in your area.
3- Based on the salary range that you find for your position, assess your skills, work experience, level of education against that information to get a better gage at where you fall within that range
4- If you are seeking a raise, factor in the following additional information:
• Recent performance reviews and valuable accomplishments
• Quantify your value add. Find ways to show that what you do saves them a ton of money
• Additional responsibilities that you have taken on and be prepared to discuss your plan on how you will own them
What can you negotiate for? Be prepared to negotiate fully. If more money is not an option right now, then consider other means to increasing your compensation package.
1- More money
2- Equity (Most people don’t ask for equity, but you’d be surprised how beneficial equity can be. Agreeing to take less money now for equity can be a very smart decision)
3- Vacation Time
4- Better Title
5- Benefits (Health, dental, vision)
6- Retirement package
Be prepared to respond effectively.
1- We don’t have the budget.
2- What you are asking for is too high.
3- Is what you are asking for negotiable?
4- I’ll think about it.